Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

multiple errors in a row

Go to End

5 Posts   2402 Views

Hannes

Community Member, 3 Posts

23 February 2011 at 4:48am

Edited: 24/02/2011 12:29am

Hello,

I decided to try SS again (already tried it around 2 years ago, and now decided to give it another shot) but while trying to install it, i ran in error after error, let me elaborate:

the System:

$ mysql --version
mysql  Ver 14.14 Distrib 5.1.41, for debian-linux-gnu (x86_64) using readline 6.1

$ php --version
PHP 5.3.2-1ubuntu4.7 with Suhosin-Patch (cli) (built: Jan 12 2011 18:36:55) 
Copyright (c) 1997-2009 The PHP Group
Zend Engine v2.3.0, Copyright (c) 1998-2010 Zend Technologies

Okay, i downloaded the current package (SilverStripe-v2.4.5) and unpacked it under a new local domain, when calling the install.php i got this message:

Fatal error: Class 'MySQLDatabaseConfigurationHelper' not found in /home/hannes/workspace/silverstripe/install.php on line 756

Just to humor myself i added

include_once('sapphire/dev/install/MySQLDatabaseConfigurationHelper.php');
on line 57 in the install.php.

Which lead to the following, an working install screen that told me (attachment 1 SilverStripeCMSFrameworkInstallation_1298389363848.png)

That username/password doesn't work: Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: NO)
and
Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hannes/workspace/silverstripe/sapphire/dev/install/config-form.html on line 95

without me ever entering any Database Information at any point, but anyhow, i added the Information manually in the install.php between line 106 and 115, after that the SS Msg was gone, the "Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /home/hannes/workspace/silverstripe/sapphire/dev/install/config-form.html on line 95" remained.

In any case i could finally start the Installation, after it finished I got the error

Fatal error: Class 'Debug' not found in /home/hannes/workspace/silverstripe/sapphire/core/Core.php on line 252
when i tried to open the project - where i now throw the towel.

EDIT:

Heres a Backtrace from the Time when the first Error occurs:

#0  InstallRequirements->getDatabaseConfigurationHelper(MySQLDatabase) called at [/home/hannes/workspace/silverstripe/install.php:767]
#1  InstallRequirements->requireDatabaseFunctions(Array ([type] => MySQLDatabase,[server] => localhost,[username] => root,[password] => ,[database] => SS_mysite), Array ([0] => Database Configuration,[1] => Database support,[2] => Database support in PHP,[3] => MySQL)) called at [/home/hannes/workspace/silverstripe/install.php:227]
#2  InstallRequirements->checkDatabase(Array ([type] => MySQLDatabase,[server] => localhost,[username] => root,[password] => ,[database] => SS_mysite)) called at [/home/hannes/workspace/silverstripe/install.php:175]

EDIT 2:

same Result when installing over GIT & Nightly Build

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

23 February 2011 at 2:20pm

Do you have a MySQLDatabaseConfigurationHelper.php file (and is it readable)? Seems quite strange for it to not be included but then again I haven't used the installer in a while!

Make sure you're using 2.4 and not a checkout of trunk. Trunk will likely have some crazy bugs for the next few months while all the new features for 3.0 are thrown in!

Hannes

23 February 2011 at 9:41pm

i used the latest regular download (SilverStripe-v2.4.5)

The file Exists and all files have an 755

~$ ls -lha workspace/silverstripe/sapphire/dev/install/MySQLDatabaseConfigurationHelper.php 
-rwxr-xr-x 1 hannes hannes 4.2K 2010-06-02 07:40 workspace/silverstripe/sapphire/dev/install/MySQLDatabaseConfigurationHelper.php

Hannes

26 February 2011 at 2:15am

It has probably something to do with the autoloader ... but for the life of me I can't figure out what ( i can patch the installation to run, but always bump in to another error in the next step)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

26 February 2011 at 12:20pm

Sorry to hear you're still having issues! Perhaps try not using the installer? All the installer handles is requirement checking the generates a mysite/_config.php + .htaccess file. You can download both from https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-installer/