Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Failed opening required 'Zend/Log.php'

Go to End

5 Posts   2878 Views

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

9 March 2011 at 10:03am

Edited: 09/03/2011 10:06am

This has to be the single biggest nightmare I have encountered in 3 years of SS development.

First, I am using 2.4.0. as I have found the CMS page (selecting pages in the tree) are absolutely (And Consistantly) unbearable in 2.4.4 and 2.4.5. (In two environments). But this isn't the point, just the background.

I developed this new site on a Windows box using WAMP. Fine. Then I published to a shared hosting environment (Webdrive), of which I have two other silverstripe 2.4.0 sites already running. I have deployed these sites by simply FTP'ing the codebase to the live server and manually running an SQL script on the database. Again, Fine.

However, with this particular site, all I get after deployment is this:

Warning: require_once(Zend/Log.php) [function.require-once]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/zanzomedia/orewabeachgym.co.nz/sapphire/dev/Log.php on line 2

Fatal error: require_once() [function.require]: Failed opening required 'Zend/Log.php' (include_path='./:/usr/local/lib/php:/usr/share/pear/:/usr/local/apache/phpinc/:/home/zanzomedia/orewabeachgym.co.nz/') in /home/zanzomedia/orewabeachgym.co.nz/sapphire/dev/Log.php on line 2

After 3 days of searching, changing version codebase and databases, and even copying the EXACT sapphire, cms and googlesitemaps directories from one of the functional sites on the SAME SERVER to no avail, I canned the live site. And installed a fresh copy of 2.4.0 from scratch on the remote server. Installation performed as expected, except the above messages were displayed again. Once on the installation page after installing, and then on a plain white screen on any live page.

I have searched and found:
http://www.silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/14182
http://silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/12361#post284114

Which don't help in a shared enviornment. Someone asked a question to this effect on the latter thread, to which there was no reply. So I will risk the same here myself:

Any ideas?
Aaron

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

9 March 2011 at 9:53pm

You should be able to set the include path on most shared hosts (well at least all the ones I've used) often they implement it in slightly different ways to just editing the PHP ini file. Perhaps also try

http://www.silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/11945#post282434

Also make sure you try 2.4.5 rather than 2.4.0 so it will include Sean's patch (http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/113976)

CodeGuerrilla

Community Member, 105 Posts

28 March 2011 at 3:16pm

I have the same problem, and the host does not allow setting the include path in any manner they provide a directory outside the webroot for includes which doesn't help me much, is there any other way to get Silverstripe to run?

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

28 March 2011 at 3:27pm

Edited: 28/03/2011 3:28pm

I couldn't find a way around this with 2.4.4 or 2.4.5. Aside from this issue, Both of these versions were incredibly slow loading even the default installation pages in the cms. (average of around 16 secs)

I ended up simply copying the code base from one of my live 2.4.0 sites and changing the theme and _config file. Complete new db and data entry.

This was just a favour for a friend so I spent no more time on this issue. 3 days trying to get a 5 page non-customized site even functioning is a little silly as it is. But I will certainly be test the latest versions later on this speed issue and the one above.

CodeGuerrilla

Community Member, 105 Posts

31 March 2011 at 8:45pm

Thanks for the info, I changed hosts and all is fine now, the other host just had thing locked down to tight for my liking.