Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SQL Server 2005

Go to End

3 Posts   1789 Views

RyanBates

Community Member, 1 Post

7 April 2011 at 9:20am

Hi - I am new to Silverstripe.

Can I install on SQL Server 2005? All documentation I've read so far note SQL 2008, but in my company that is not immediately possible.

Thanks!

Ryan

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

7 April 2011 at 5:34pm

I haven't tried it myself on anything earlier than 2008. I know most of the windows work is done testing on 2008 rather than 2005. It may work but I wouldn't be 100% confident, hopefully someone with more experience can weight in but other than that I would recommend trying it and seeing what walls you hit.

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

7 April 2011 at 10:28pm

Edited: 07/04/2011 10:30pm

Hi RyanBates,

We have not tested the MSSQL database module with SQL 2005. You could give it a go, but it's likely it won't work because the connector relies on features only available in SQL 2008. I know there are missing things like the "date" data type in SQL 2005 that may be problematic.

The SilverStripe MSSQL database module has only been known to work on SQL Server 2008, SQL Server 2008 R2 and SQL Azure.

That said, give it a go and see what comes up, we might be able to help you patch the code to make it work to a limited degree.

Thanks,
Sean