Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe 3 beta 2 stucks on Building database schema

Go to End

8 Posts   2235 Views

Inventionate

Community Member, 4 Posts

21 April 2012 at 3:48am

Edited: 21/04/2012 3:48am

Hi everyone,

I've tried to install SilverStripe 3 beta 2. The requirements of SilverStripe have been all OK. Unfortunately I have to use PHP 5.3.3.
As soon as I click install the process starts, but stucks at "Building database schema…".

I hope someone can help me and thank you in advance.

regards
Fabian

brausend

Community Member, 6 Posts

21 April 2012 at 6:01am

I've got the same problem.

But i have an error displayed:
http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/822/bildschirmfoto20120420u.jpg

Some help?

PHP verison 5.4

cheers
max

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

21 April 2012 at 11:40am

Edited: 21/04/2012 11:40am

@Inventionate are you able to get an error message? If none is displayed, check your error logs.

@frei_schwimmer This will be fixed when the SilverStripe classes are namespaced. Until then, you can turn off the Transliterator class by adding:

FileNameFilter::$default_use_transliterator = false;
URLSegmentFilter::$default_use_transliterator = false;
to your _config.php, and then run dev/build.

Inventionate

21 April 2012 at 8:46pm

Unfortunately I don' get an error. In the Apache error logs I also can't anything. Very strange. Any idea how to get an error?

Thanks for your help.

Lukereative

Community Member, 8 Posts

21 April 2012 at 9:20pm

I fixed this problem for me by doing something really bazaar.

I had got an error one of the first times I tried to install SS3b2 about zend_translate and so I went into the folder the error mentioned - SilverStripe-cms-v3.0.0-beta2/framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate - and found that all the files were missing their last letter (see attached image).
So I extracted again from the .tar but still the same problem, also tried downloading again but still the same problem.
In the end I fixed it by adding the appropriate letters to the files and that at least fixed the "Building database schema…" problem and I hopefully it will fix the transliterator error.

Attached Files
Inventionate

21 April 2012 at 9:30pm

Edited: 21/04/2012 9:44pm

I added the missing last letters too and now I got a fatal error. After all, a progress ;-) Thank's a lot! I attached my now appeared Error.

Attached Files
Inventionate

22 April 2012 at 9:44pm

I finally had success with my installation. Thanks again for every reply!
After all it was a little bit strange. At first I had to add the missing letters like Lukereative said. To solve the the last posted error I installed the latest 2 release and upgraded it to 3. I think it's a problem of the current installer because the system runs very well.

If I have the page ready I'll take a closer look and possibly post a bug ticket. I hope my experience may help and again thank you ;-)

regards
Fabian

grez868

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 April 2012 at 11:29pm

strangely enough I got this installed on my local server without a hitch O.o any requirements that popped up during the install process i changed as required in my wamp installation.