Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SS3 .ph files

Go to End

5 Posts   1430 Views

Bambii7

Community Member, 254 Posts

7 June 2012 at 8:19pm

Wasn't sure where to post it but a download of ss3 beta the other day. It was throwing errors on install page.
The issue was files with the extension .ph

station15:SilverStripe-cms-v3.0.0-beta3 station15$ find . -type f -name '*.ph'
./framework/thirdparty/simplepie/compatibility_test/sp_compatibility_test.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/RailsYAML.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/thirdparty/sfYaml/lib/sfYaml.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/thirdparty/sfYaml/lib/sfYamlDumper.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/thirdparty/sfYaml/lib/sfYamlInline.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/thirdparty/sfYaml/lib/sfYamlParser.ph

Bambii7

18 June 2012 at 8:35pm

Man what is up with zip tool, I'm getting the same issue with rc1

station15:SilverStripe-cms-v3.0.0-rc1 station15$ find . -type f -name '*.ph'
./framework/thirdparty/simplepie/compatibility_test/sp_compatibility_test.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/RailsYAML.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/thirdparty/sfYaml/lib/sfYaml.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/thirdparty/sfYaml/lib/sfYamlDumper.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/thirdparty/sfYaml/lib/sfYamlInline.ph
./framework/thirdparty/zend_translate_railsyaml/library/Translate/Adapter/thirdparty/sfYaml/lib/sfYamlParser.ph

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

18 June 2012 at 8:47pm

I'm getting the correct file extensions for both the framework and cms downloads:

Yogurt:~ simon$ find /Users/simon/Downloads/SilverStripe-framework-v3.0.0-rc1 /Users/simon/Downloads/SilverStripe-cms-v3.0.0-rc1 -name '*.ph'
Yogurt:~ simon$ 

I got the same result wether extracting the tars using Archive Utility or using the command line tar xzf.

Lukereative

Community Member, 8 Posts

18 June 2012 at 11:44pm

I has this problem when using 'The Unarchiver' for OS X to extract SS3
But I found if you use terminal, it doesn't have this problem.

Here is the command to extract from the terminal

tar -zxvf /Path/to/file/SilverStripe.tar.gz

Bambii7

19 June 2012 at 4:48pm

Awesome thanks Luke, that did the trick. I wonder why some files were getting the last character truncated? It was happening to css,txt,png also but not all the files, only some.