Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Transfer to new host

Go to End

9 Posts   6609 Views

garage

Community Member, 2 Posts

31 July 2012 at 8:50pm

Alright so I've dealt lots with Drupal and Wordpress. But never dealt with Silverstripe

The current site is searchwest.ca

I'm trying to transfer this site onto a new host. (i'm currently using edit host files to point domain to new host)

I'm pretty confident I've transferred all the files, from what I can gather DB settings are placed here:

/www/mysite/_config.php

Is there something that I've missed for this site to work? change .htaccess files?

Is there any documentation for this process? ....

thanks,

Adrian

jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

2 August 2012 at 7:35am

What do you see / don't see? If you just see a white page, try putting your site into development mode by adding Director::set_environment_type('dev'); to mysite/_config.php

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

3 August 2012 at 2:03am

The process I've used is copying the files over to the new server, running install.php using a new DB, the editing the _config.php to point to the imported DB

garage

Community Member, 2 Posts

5 August 2012 at 10:05pm

This is what I keep getting.

https://skitch.com/adrianng/ek32r/get

I've tried using the method JAK pointed it out. Using a blank DB and editing after the fact.

that didn't work either.

I DL'd a new copy of silverstripe and it seems i'm dealing with an older version. Sorry never dealt with this CMS where can I find the version #?

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

5 August 2012 at 11:35pm

Well that's just a depreciation warning. Shouldn't be causing an error, you should get more detail if you add ?is_dev=1 to the end of your URL. This will force it into dev mode and I've explicit errors.

jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

6 August 2012 at 1:15am

If you are trying to move an existing site, you are probably running a version of 2.4. In this case, you will see the version information in the back end (/admin) at the bottom of the screen.

The most recent 2.4 version is 2.4.7, you can download it at http://www.silverstripe.org/assets/downloads/SilverStripe-v2.4.7.tar.gz or at https://github.com/silverstripe/sapphire/tree/2.4.7

For the moment I would recommend to stay at 2.4, 3.0 is a big upgrade and that version (currently 3.0.1) still has some bugs.

DesignerX.com.au

Community Member, 107 Posts

6 August 2012 at 5:35am

Hi:
Try the following:
1 - after moving all files to the new server , upload a copy of the old database to the new server too
2- use install.php & put in the info of the uploaded DB .

suganya

Community Member, 9 Posts

21 December 2013 at 11:15pm

Hi everyone,

I'm getting this error while installing silverstripe on webserver. Can any one please help me?

Installing SilverStripe...
I am now running through the installation steps (this should take about 30 seconds)

If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

Setting up 'mysite/_config.php'...
Setting up /var/www/html/index/rtbi/silver-rtbi/mysite/_config.php
Setting up '.htaccess' file...
Setting up /var/www/html/index/rtbi/silver-rtbi/.htaccess
Building database schema...
Creating default CMS admin account...
Creating initial filesystem assets...
Checking that friendly URLs work...
Friendly URLs are not working. This is most likely because a rewrite module isn't configured correctly on your site. You may need to get your web host or server administrator to do this for you:
mod_rewrite or other rewrite module is enabled on your web server
AllowOverride All is set for the directory where SilverStripe is installed

Go to Top