Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

[noob in need] Admin panel issues

Go to End

6 Posts   1425 Views

prox32

Community Member, 3 Posts

6 August 2012 at 1:17pm

OK my first time working closely with a php based CMS or any CMS really, apart from word press lol. Basically after the first time I installed, the admin/password didn't work so I reinstalled (deleted _config), but now after carefully keeping watch for what I set as admin/pass i installed again, however when I try to log in the form loads for a minute and then refreshes to blank.

I tried the _config trick for coding in the user/pass and same result. Any help?

peterupaulo

Community Member, 5 Posts

6 August 2012 at 2:12pm

Hello,

try adding Director::set_environment_type("dev"); to your _config.php file to see if there are errors in your setup.

prox32

7 August 2012 at 5:50am

Edited: 07/08/2012 5:52am

[Warning] Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_e52fca7f6b1a53d35e9bf6103c772fca, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)
GET /
Line 0 in Unknown

That's what I got when I added that line.

no idea what it means though lol.

And this when I try to log in...

[Warning] Unknown: open(/var/php_sessions/sess_e52fca7f6b1a53d35e9bf6103c772fca, O_RDWR) failed: No such file or directory (2)
GET /Security/login
Line 0 in Unknown

jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

7 August 2012 at 7:25am

Weird, looks like a problem with sessions. Check the permissions for the folder /var/php_sessions. Are you running on a root server?

Seems like the PHP cannot store its session data.

prox32

8 August 2012 at 6:48am

Edited: 08/08/2012 6:50am

I am running on my own domain on an ipage server, but this thing just will not cooperate, what am I looking for in that file??

Ah re-read the message lol, will do!

Update: Cant see that file/folder anywhere, is this the problem??

jak

Community Member, 46 Posts

8 August 2012 at 8:49am

I guess that's a shared hoster, in that case php should already be properly configured. If you can create the folder it is worth a try, but I guess the problem is something else.