Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe 2.4 download

Go to End

5 Posts   4530 Views

Stef87

Community Member, 66 Posts

24 August 2012 at 3:15am

Edited: 24/08/2012 3:46am

Hi

Does anyone know where I can get a download of 2.4? I tried downloading it from here but I keep getting an error that it is missing template files. I can't download the 2.4.7 version on the SilverStripe downloads page as I'm using a Mac. This error only shows up when I put it in dev mode and doesn't seem to effect the performance otherwise but I figured it must be causing an issue somewhere.

I'd appreciate any help.

Update I reinstalled SilverStripe, did absolutely nothing else, and I get the same error.

kinglozzer

Community Member, 187 Posts

24 August 2012 at 3:52am

Stef87

24 August 2012 at 4:03am

Edited: 24/08/2012 8:20pm

Nope. Same issue with that download. I am really confused about this. I have done everything the installation instructions have told me and haven't done a thing to the install, except put

Director::set_environment_type("dev");
in the _config.php file, and it's got this error.

Update Through a process of trial and error it turns out that the problem lay with the latest version of PHP (5.4.3). SilverStripe 2.4.7 has core methods which have been deprecated in the latest version of PHP. Problem solved.

MooreDynasty

Community Member, 3 Posts

12 January 2013 at 4:48am

stef, what was your resolution? Roll back to a previous version of PHP??

Stef87

12 January 2013 at 5:02am

Hi MooreDynasty

As far as I remember this turned out to be a conflict with PHP. Version 2.4.7 of SilverStripe isn't compatible with the latest PHP release (or the one before I think) so I had to go back to using PHP 5.2.17 instead.

Hope that helps.

Stef