Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

SilverStripe in Cloud Server Envoirnment

Go to End

5 Posts   2148 Views

Nauman

Community Member, 1 Post

26 October 2012 at 11:41pm

Hi,

Have any body setup SilverStripe in Cloud Server Environment? Does it need some modifications for this?

Nauman

steve_nyhof

Community Member, 224 Posts

27 October 2012 at 2:47pm

Edited: 27/10/2012 2:50pm

Hi Nauman,
I'm going to expand here a bit. We want to add our system 2.3.4 to a cloud server because we have highly modified the system to produce multiple sites from one system, plus we have a membership built in with management and we have an ever expanding user base so want to put the files and applications all on the cloud, and then put the Db on a dedicated server.

Also, knowing very little about this, what software was used?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 November 2012 at 11:49am

Nauman, what sort of cloud environment where you thinking of? I've got SilverStripe running on Heroku and Rackspaces Cloud without much effort. I've also heard good things about OpenShift which in some respects will be better suited for SilverStripe sites than Heroku.

steve_nyhof

12 November 2012 at 4:28am

We (Nauman) setup a system on Softlayer - on CentOS on a cloud server. Our next step is to setup a dedicated server to house out Db and split the Db and files system up to allow growth on the cloud.

steve_nyhof

9 July 2013 at 12:43pm

Hi Willr,

The cloud environment still has me confused. But I am slowly understanding it.

We currently are running CentOS on Rackspace cloud, so taking one step to networking servers in an easy to grow space.

We are also on 3.0 and have modified it greatly to fit our niche.

My question would be for you or anyone who has got 3.0+ working on a cloud without WHM? Some different environment. Maybe you could share your thoughts here.

Thank you
Steve