Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Install Silverstripe when DB is not on 'localhost'

Go to End

3 Posts   1001 Views

Cliff

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 March 2013 at 7:18pm

I'm trying to install SilverStripe but not on a LAMP stack. I have Apache on the localhost and MySQL on another server. How do I get SilverStripe to install under these conditions? I've looked for the DB connection information in the downloaded files but I've haven't (so far) been able to find it. Is it hard-coded somewhere?

Cheers,

Cliff

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

19 March 2013 at 9:53pm

Your database details will either be in the _ss_environment file or in mysite/_config.php. If it is in the _config.php file do a search for the $db variable and replace localhost with the IP or server name of my MySQL server.

Cliff

Community Member, 2 Posts

19 March 2013 at 11:11pm

Thanks, as it happens I didn't need to look there or change that.

On the install page I simply went down to the database section and filled in the details there. I was confused by the fact that the error and the "Recheck" button appears *before* the section where you put in the database details. I put my DB server name and details into the DB section, clicked the "Recheck" button *above* the details and it all worked. I note that there is a "Recheck" button *after* the database details too.

After it installed and the dust settled I looked at the _config.php and there were my DB details. Cool.

That will teach me to read everything on the page....

Cheers,

Cliff