Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

trying to add PHP and MySQL to SiverStripe

Go to End

5 Posts   1398 Views

Romulus

Community Member, 3 Posts

16 April 2013 at 11:53am

Hi members. I only joined just now and downloaded SS into Linux OS but cannot get the PHP & MySQL to join up. After two hours trying had to quit and join the forum. All the instruction do not work either. Cannot upload CMS until server is installed. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

26 April 2013 at 10:38am

Edited: 26/04/2013 10:38am

Hi there,

What have you done so far to install PHP and MySQL?
Some more information on which type of Linux might be helpful as well, e.g. Ubuntu/Debian and version.
Is it a shared host or a machine you have access to install software yourself?

Romulus

26 April 2013 at 11:39am

Hi Sean, good of you to take an interrest in my dilemma. I have Ubuntu 12.10, the latest version and I have access to install myself. The folders are assets,CMS,framework, mysite, php-5.4.13, sapphire-3.0, themes, vendor, contributing.md. index.php, install.php, install-frameworkmissing.html. Makefile, php.teamcity-mssql.xml, phpunit.teamcity-postgresql.xml, phpunit.teamcity3.xml, phpunitxml.dist, README.md, test php, web conf So nothing comes up in localhost or the other one.
Rolf

Sean

Forum Moderator, 922 Posts

26 April 2013 at 11:47am

Romulus

26 April 2013 at 10:25pm

HI Sean, after the download I could not open the software as it was a 'Read Only' file. So I tried download from another source and the same thing is happening. It has been 10 days now since I started on SilverStripe and even rang the Manger who wasn't able to help either
Rommel