Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

New installation - Stuck in login loop

Go to End

7 Posts   1895 Views

labman

Community Member, 5 Posts

27 April 2013 at 4:30am

Edited: 27/04/2013 4:32am

I just installed 3.0.5 successfully and when I went to login I'm getting stuck in a loop and never getting anywhere. I see no errors either.

I also tried using the password reset link to see if that did anything and while I received the email, and went through selecting a new password, I'm still stuck in a login loop.

Lexandclo

Community Member, 55 Posts

30 April 2013 at 7:21am

HI
any error messages?

could you do a screenshot or let me know the URL so i could take a look ?

Thanks

Darren

labman

30 April 2013 at 7:30am

Strangely no errors in my logs at all, and none on the page itself. I'd share a link but this is only installed on an internal development server at the moment. I'm wondering if it has anything to do with the .htaccess file possibly redirecting incorrectly.

MarkusM

Community Member, 11 Posts

30 April 2013 at 7:52am

There are 3 links on the starting page if I remember right. Try going using the link that says "start with the CMS" or something similar. I remember I had similar problems, but using this link it worked.

labman

30 April 2013 at 7:56am

Correct, the text is "Welcome to SilverStripe! This is the default homepage. You can edit this page by opening the CMS. You can now access the developer documentation, or begin the tutorials." I can follow the link to the CMS login, but when I enter my credentials it looks like it's doing something, but brings me back to the same page (with no messages or errors).

MarkusM

Community Member, 11 Posts

30 April 2013 at 7:58am

Edited: 30/04/2013 8:07am

I had the same experience before. I think you are now already logged in, your just redirected to the wrong page. Try to go directly to the admin area at http://myurl/mysite/index.php/admin.

labman

30 April 2013 at 8:05am

Success! Although it may have been due to clearing my cookies/cache. I should've thought of that one sooner. Thanks for your help everyone.