Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Installing SS on MAMP

Go to End

2 Posts   5120 Views

speakcreativ

Community Member, 1 Post

19 December 2008 at 2:15pm

Hi there I am really new to this, anyway I use a Mac and I have downloaded MAMP and I am trying to set up SS, I watched the video tutorial, which was very helpful, and I get to the SS Install page. I have done everything correctly including make all files in the htdocs folder writeable, and still I get the error:

Is the .htaccess file writeable? User '_www' needs to be able to write to this file:
/Applications/MAMP/htdocs/.htaccess

The file is currently owned by 'aarancasey'. There is no user-group that contains both the web-server user and the owner of this file. Change the ownership of the file, create a new group, or temporarily make the file writeable by everyone during the install process.

When I go to the htdocs folder to check, I can't find the .htaccess file to make the changes, I know it's probably something super stupid, but I need to know it's driving me bonkers!!!

Please help

HarryKC

Community Member, 8 Posts

30 December 2008 at 9:29pm

If you use MAMP on 10.5, you should set the "Run Appache/MySQL server asuser" to your account, not the recommended "www/mysql" user.

As for the hidden .htaccess file you should enable in your editor to see hidden files and then set the permissions to read/write by your account.

When you deploy the site on a public accesible site set the permisions to the web server or read only.

Hrvoje