Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.3: where is the newsletter subscription form?

Go to End

5 Posts   4225 Views

mathiasp

Community Member, 12 Posts

14 February 2009 at 4:16am

Hi,

In 2.2 I had a Newsletter Subscription page type, now in 2.3 that's gone.

I installed 2.3 fom 02/12, today I added the trunk newsletter module an re-ran install.php.

Now the newsletter module works (sans template; I'm still looking into it), but there is no newsletter subscription page type.

What am I expected to do to create a subscription form in 2.3?

Thx for any help,

Mathias

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

15 February 2009 at 6:43pm

The newsletter now requires use of the UserDefinedForms Module (the abillity to create / edit forms in the CMS). Download that module, install it and you should be able to create your subscription form

freakout

Community Member, 49 Posts

12 March 2009 at 4:55am

I now have the newsletter module and userforms running in 2.3.0 - but when i submit the subscription page i get the conformance but the new subscriber is not inserted into the database. Whats going wrong here?

iON creative

Community Member, 42 Posts

29 April 2009 at 3:36pm

I'm having the same difficulty - are there directions anywhere on how to property create a Newsletter subscribe form for 2.3.1?

Trym

Community Member, 18 Posts

13 May 2009 at 5:16pm

Hi, y.

When you have installed the "User defined forms"-module you can create a page type "Subscribe Form".
This form lets your subscribers fill out the form and on submit are added to your newsletters mailling list.

You can read about custom subscribe forms at http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=recipes:forms
or just modify the subscribe form comming with the newletter module in the php file "newsletter\code\SubscribeForm.php"

Best regards Trym