Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

PHP 5 is required

Go to End

26 Posts   10565 Views

JZM

Community Member, 34 Posts

9 April 2009 at 6:50pm

If you could drop me a line ill give you a hand the chmod doesnt sound right

hempster

Community Member, 4 Posts

9 April 2009 at 9:09pm

ok here we go:

i´ve uploaded the files freshly to my server, filled out the data and chmoded the files (via flashfxp ftp client) so that it looks something like this:
http://250kb.de/u/090409/j/8e82f8ca.jpg

mysql-date has been entered correctly as well:
http://250kb.de/u/090409/j/ffe1653e.jpg

when i start the installation i get this.....ooooops. wait:
http://250kb.de/u/090409/j/7ec7aaca.jpg

i could have sworn that i did everything exactly the same way i did it yesterday :)

THX for your help JZM anyway :D

JZM

Community Member, 34 Posts

9 April 2009 at 9:14pm

Thats ok,

It seemed like a chmod issue, glad it works

dconel

Community Member, 21 Posts

10 April 2009 at 8:46pm

I've got the smae problem:

# Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
# Creating /home/dirk/domains/meifeest.com/public_html/mysite/_config.php
# Creating '.htaccess' file...
# Creating /home/dirk/domains/meifeest.com/public_html/.htaccess

Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-dirk-domains-meifeest.com-public_html/manifestClassParse-_home_dirk_domains_meifeest.com_public_html_cms_code_AssetAdmin.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dirk/domains/meifeest.com/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 398

Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-dirk-domains-meifeest.com-public_html/manifestClassParse-_home_dirk_domains_meifeest.com_public_html_cms_code_AssetTableField.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dirk/domains/meifeest.com/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 398

Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-dirk-domains-meifeest.com-public_html/manifestClassParse-_home_dirk_domains_meifeest.com_public_html_cms_code_CMSActionOptionsForm.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/dirk/domains/meifeest.com/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 398

Fatal error: Cannot write manifest file! Check permissions of /tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-dirk-domains-meifeest.com-public_html/manifest-main in /home/dirk/domains/meifeest.com/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 105

I chmodded the file's but it wont work..

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 April 2009 at 8:58pm

If you are having trouble with /tmp/ one option could be to create a 'silverstripe-cache' folder in your sites root folder (the one with sapphire/ cms/ etc) and give this chmod 777 and run http://yoursite.com/dev/build

dconel

Community Member, 21 Posts

10 April 2009 at 9:06pm

Edited: 10/04/2009 9:12pm

Edit: It works! The name of the folder is relevant.

Thanks

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

10 April 2009 at 9:11pm

yes. SilverStripe for the cache will look for a 'silverstripe-cache' folder (this is probably hardcoded in the core, may be able to override this) otherwise it will use /tmp/

(deleted)

Community Member, 473 Posts

10 April 2009 at 9:49pm

You can manually define where the cache should be my defining TEMP_FOLDER in a _ss_environment.php file. The folder must exist, and lets you put the folder somewhere that you have access to outside of the site root.