Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Tutorial/Empty template XML error in Ubuntu

Go to End

3 Posts   2785 Views

Happysadhu

Community Member, 33 Posts

12 March 2009 at 5:25pm

Hopefully I am not duplicating an already existing thread.

I get the following Firefox error when installing the empty template in the local install of XAMPP under Ubuntu:
XML Parsing Error: not well-formed
Location: http://localhost/silverstripe/home/successfullyinstalled?flush=1
Line Number 53, Column 75:

At first I thought it had to do with read/write permissions, but the default SiverStripe template works fine, so it most likely doesn't.

Any ideas,
Thanks,
Sam

Happysadhu

13 March 2009 at 4:55am

Edited: 13/03/2009 4:56am

So, I did duplicate an already existing thread. Next time, I'll have to do a better job of searching the forums before posting.

I was able to remove the xml error on the tutorial hompage by removing the first line "" in the page.ss located in /opt/lampp/htdocs/silverstripe/themes/tutorial folder. See help ticket http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3602 for details.

Hopefully, this xml error will be fixed in the next release of SilverStripe. It seems strange that I have to edit the tutorial theme to get it to work. I hope I don't have to do this for my own themes.

Sam

Happysadhu

14 March 2009 at 1:06pm

Hi me again,

The new release candidate SilverStripe-v2.3.1-rc1 appears to have resolved the issue. I've installed it and it seems to work fine.

Sam