Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.3.11 sql db details/sql support

Go to End

2 Posts   1919 Views

seezee

Community Member, 2 Posts

14 April 2009 at 7:19am

total newbie here, having trouble installing. i installed WAMPserver 2.0 on an xp workstation, changed the port number to 3000 (i had originally used 8080, but just in case it was the cause of the trouble i changed it to 3000 as shown in the tutorial). followed the instructions to open the installer & got a blank page. so i did this fix:

http://silverstripe.org/installing-silverstripe/show/256795#post256795

so now i get the installer page, but with the following errors:

These database details don't appear to be correct. Please enter the correct details before installing.

MySQL server: localhost
MySQL username: root
MySQL password: [blank]
MySQL database: SS_mysite

since i didn't change the defaults, this should be fine, in theory (& i have accessed sql thru the command line, so i know the user/pw combo is ok), but when i click the recheck button the error persists.

further down the page i see:

MySQL support MySQL support not included in PHP.

i have checked the WAMP settings & mysql is enabled. the rewrite mod is also enabled. the only other setting of note is this:

Server software OK (I can't tell what webserver you are running)

also tried turning on the "online" mode for the server; same results. i've searched the forums for a similar problem with an answer, but no luck. any ideas?

thanks,

--cz

seezee

Community Member, 2 Posts

14 April 2009 at 7:39am

looked at the apache log & found this:

[Mon Apr 13 14:29:40 2009] [error] [client 127.0.0.1] PHP Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in C:\\wamp\\www\\SilverStripe-v2.3.1\\install.php on line 292, referer: http://localhost:3000/SilverStripe-v2.3.1/install.php

don't know if it's significant.

--cz