Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How could one install / add modules and widgets?

Go to End

10 Posts   19864 Views

ben_jadue

Community Member, 6 Posts

18 April 2009 at 2:07am

I am new here with Silver Stripe CMS program and I would appreciate assistance in how to install modules and widgets.

Thanks, Ben

Govpatel

Community Member, 13 Posts

18 April 2009 at 6:31am

all you need to do is uplaod modules and widgets and rebuild your database there are instruction on http://www.silverstripe.org/modules/ click on more info

ben_jadue

Community Member, 6 Posts

18 April 2009 at 8:57am

I did look allover for documentation describing what needs to be done regarding adding / installing MODULES but I could not find any.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

18 April 2009 at 6:36pm

Each module contains an INSTALL file relating to how to install it, Most follow the same format - extract the file to your SilverStripe folder (the one with sapphire/ cms/ jsparty/ etc) and then run http://yourdomain.com/dev/build to rebuild the database.

Check the INSTALL doc or the README doc in the modules folder for any other configuration you need to do to get the module enabled

MartinPhone

Community Member, 57 Posts

22 April 2009 at 10:58am

Yep I agree - documentation as to what to do with modules is pretty poor. It IS easy when you know how, but clues are very difficult to come by, and when they appear they are rather vague (not specifying the folder as Willh just did) and so not wanting to break anything, I held off from installing. And then when I did, I first put them in the wrong place as it really wasn't made very clear. All there needs is a quick guide in ss.org/Extensions/Modules.

That said, I couldn't find Newsletter in Extensions/Modules. Even in unsupported. In particular the Newsletter module - for such a useful module, and one that used to be built in, it's just strange that there isn't any better documentation...

dmiwench

Community Member, 1 Post

9 May 2009 at 11:07am

I agree. more documentation is needed. I just deleted my site and started over because of this.

Hillcrest

Community Member, 2 Posts

23 March 2010 at 5:16am

Edited: 23/03/2010 8:01am

Yes there needs to be a better "step by step" guide for us non website savey people. Also does anyone know how a form module that was emailing us when a form was filled out, all of a sudden doesn't email anymore? I think I have to remove the module and add a new one to start my forms again but I don't see any information on removing a module and I don't want to mess it up!
Hillcrest

Webdongle

Community Member, 2 Posts

28 April 2014 at 2:28am

Sorry but the docs/install.md of the https://github.com/silverstripe/silverstripe-blog does not contain install instructions that I can follow

Go to Top