Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

getting confused on how to install silverstripe

Go to End

7 Posts   3074 Views

tycoonajv

Community Member, 4 Posts

16 May 2009 at 2:35am

hello im just new here still a student and i need help on how to install silverstripe because when i type install.php or index.php or just the INSTALL nothing happens both the php's is displaying connot load page..please i need help if it is possible to explain it to me using a printpage style or a video or just a simple explaination...thank you...

by the way im not using WAMP i use the sql apache 2.2 and PHP 5..

Fred Condo

Community Member, 29 Posts

16 May 2009 at 8:36am

You'll need to give us more information. What version of MySQL are you using? What is the exact error message? What is the HTTP response code? If possible, attach a screenshot.

tycoonajv

16 May 2009 at 6:29pm

Edited: 16/05/2009 6:30pm

im currently using Apache 2.2 MYSQL 5 and PHP 5.2.8..i really need help...i have some screenshots just click the link...

Attached Files
mediaciety.de

Community Member, 3 Posts

16 May 2009 at 7:41pm

normally 'Error 500' is caused by a misconfiguration in your .htaccess file, maybe there went sth wrong.

tycoonajv

17 May 2009 at 2:23am

.htaccess file? where i can find that?..how can I configure it?..

by the way i'm not using the WAMP server..only apache 2.2 php 5.2.8 and mySQL 5..

mediaciety.de

Community Member, 3 Posts

17 May 2009 at 6:08am

usually you can find it in the root folder of your website - htdocs, public_html or whatever its name may be depends on your configuration.

do you use windows or linux as your server's OS? ... on linux files that have a prefixed dot (like .htaccess) are hidden. so you have to tell your FTP-client to show hidden files as well. if you use the linux console, change to your website-root and type 'ls -asl' that will show you all files in the driectory, including hidden files.

there are several pages on that mod_rewrite/.htaccess topic, because that would be way too much for this forum ;)

you also should check your httpd.conf (apache_install_dir/conf/httpd.conf on Win, /etc/apache2/httpd.conf on most linux systems) if mod_rewrite is properly enabled and so on.

if you find sth similar to

#LoadModule mod_rewrite someweirdfilenamethaiactuallydontremember.so

change it to:

LoadModule mod_rewrite someweirdfilenamethaiactuallydontremember.so

On Linux boxes you may just type 'a2enmod rewrite' as root and restart apache with '/etc/init.d/apache2 restart'

tycoonajv

17 May 2009 at 10:07pm

i don't use linux only windows XP...