Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Random CMS Forbidden error

Go to End

40 Posts   12825 Views

Briohny

Community Member, 199 Posts

19 June 2009 at 5:55am

I've checked all the permissions and they all seem ok. It couldn't really be a permission problem could it?... because you can still log in randomly. Quite possibl a domain cookie thing... but how do i check/change this?

one2gamble

Community Member, 30 Posts

23 June 2009 at 2:52am

I just read through this, I cant help but I am having the exact same issues

Briohny

23 June 2009 at 4:00am

Unfortunately nobody has been able to help. I still haven't resolved the issue and are now looking at changing to a different hosting company. I would prefer not to as my client wants to stay where he is, however nobody on the forum is providing any answers. Very disappointing :(

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

23 June 2009 at 4:36am

Yeah , it is very odd. First time I had this problem. Still trying to figure it out...

one2gamble

23 June 2009 at 5:19am

I wouldnt doubt it is some sort of cookie or connection issue.

Consider these

SS wont even let me into the admin panel unless I click the remember me box, then it will randomly log me out for no real reason.

Briohny

23 June 2009 at 6:07am

I know the frustration! I've asked my hosting company about cookies and connections but they're about as useful as a hole in the head!

One main thing that Fuzz10 and I have in common, is that we both had our sites originally on a sub-directory before moving it to the root directory. Is this the case with you one2gamble??

one2gamble

23 June 2009 at 7:49am

Mine is actually still sitting in a sub directory. I plan on moving it later this week or possibly this afternoon to see if it makes a difference.

Briohny

23 June 2009 at 7:59am

Yeah i figured. It definitely seems to be connected to the sub level. When i moved it to the root directory however, i was still experiencing the same problem... which led me to believe it could be a caching problem. So i asked my host to move my site to a completely new/fresh server... but with no luck. I'm stumped!