Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

HTTPResponse ERROR

Go to End

13 Posts   4901 Views

McBain

Community Member, 7 Posts

26 June 2009 at 8:16pm

Edited: 26/06/2009 8:30pm

I get this message when trying to install silverstripe:

"Your version of PHP has defined some classes that conflict with SilverStripe's. The following classes are at fault: HTTPResponse"

I'd like to get a feel for the cms before using it on one of my sites but is there anything I can do about this error? The installation doesn't complete so can't be installed.

I put this in the .htaccess file. Don't know why just read it some place but that only gives a 500 Internal Server Error.

<Directory "/public_html">
Options FollowSymLinks SymLinksifOwnerMatch
AllowOverride All
Order allow,deny
Allow from all
</Directory>

p.s. I'm not about to pay for support if I can't even get it to install.

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

27 June 2009 at 12:19am

SilverStripe has a class called HTTPResponse, and there is a custom PHP extension that defines a class of the same name, which conflicts with that.

You can either ask your host to uninstall the custom HTTP PHP extension, or you could go through the code and replace all instances of "HTTPResponse" with something like "SSHTTPResponse". It's a bit clumsy, but that's the situation as of 2.3.2.

McBain

27 June 2009 at 10:55am

Thank you :) That makes sense and I'll try it cheers.

McBain

30 June 2009 at 1:09am

Edited: 30/06/2009 1:28am

I have changed all the instances of "HTTPResponse" with "SSHTTPResponse" and it looks like it worked. However I now have a file permission problem and still :( can't get it installed. The warning message is below:

Warning: fopen(/tmp/silverstripe-cache-home-thesite-public_html/manifestClassParse-_home_thesite_public_html_cms_code_AssetAdmin.php) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: Permission denied in /home/thesite/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 398

Hundreds more warnings below this one, all in the tmp/ forder...

What is the right permissions to use? Most are 755
Thanks if you can help

McBain

30 June 2009 at 1:45am

Edited: 30/06/2009 11:59am

OMG after 20 attempts I am closer than ever!!! Now I face this:

[Warning] HttpRequest::__construct() expects at most 3 parameters, 5 given
GET /?flush=1
Line 112 in /home/thesite/public_html/sapphire/core/control/Director.php

This warning was after I manually created a folder called: "silverstripe-cache" according to this 4 month old ticket:
http://open.silverstripe.com/ticket/3566

You can't say I didn't try :( Your script will forever be know to me as "The one whom won't install" lol. Really it looks very nice and I envy the people that somehow make it work but for me, I bid you farewell. What's 3 days off my life anyway :D

Sam

Administrator, 690 Posts

2 July 2009 at 12:00am

Fair enough. You might want to poke your head back in when 2.4.0 comes out; we're aware of the issues that gave you so much grief and hopefully we will have resolved those issues by then.

admintiger

Community Member, 3 Posts

13 October 2009 at 11:44am

Your demo looked excellent and I was looking forward to using SilverStripe for a current project, but after wasting several hours today solving one problem after another I am moving on to something else.

I was trying to install on a Windows 2000 Server that already had Apache 2.2.14, PHP 5.2.11, and MySQL 5.0.51a installed and running a wide variety of other PHP packages live on-line. The first problem was that I had to add "RewriteBase /" to the .htaccess file in the root before I was able to start the installation process. However, that was merely the beginning of a long series of issues.

Eventually I had the "Your version of PHP has defined some classes that conflict with SilverStripe's. The following classes are at fault: HTTPResponse" message others have complained of. It wasn't practical to uninstall the conflicting PHP class, because it is being used by a number of other live websites, so I renamed all instances of "HTTPResponse" to "SSHTTPResponse" as others have had to do, changed the file name. Then after more troubleshooting to discover undocumented file and folder permission issues I received "HttpRequest::__construct() expects at most 3 parameters, 5 given."

The server I was using is configured in a very typical fashion for web serving applications. You obviously either should test to be sure SilverStripe will install and run correctly with a typical installation of Apache and PHP under Windows Server or state clearly that it won't to avoid wasting other people's time. I realize that you recommend use of the Microsoft installation program, but it only works with IIS and there is far more use of Apache than IIS in Windows Server Internet web serving applications.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 October 2009 at 4:24pm

FYI The naming conflict issues are being discussed on the core dev mailing list - http://groups.google.com/group/silverstripe-dev/browse_thread/thread/78a486de2e73bf92. The prefix SS_* is going to be rolled out to classes like HTTPResponse to prevent these sort of conflicts.

Go to Top