Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

How do I copy a good install on one site to another site?

Go to End

2 Posts   1968 Views

maryluke

Community Member, 9 Posts

28 July 2009 at 7:56am

I have a good install on URL1 and would like to mirror this site on URL2. I copied all files and folders to URL2, then downloaded a backup of URL1. Opened the backup and changed the dbname and dblogin. Then uploaded the new sql file in the cpanel of URL2.

Then I opened URL2 to /install.php. Fine. But now I get this:
If you receive a fatal error, refresh this page to continue the installation

* Creating 'mysite/_config.php'...
* Creating /home/texas/public_html/mysite/_config.php
* Creating '.htaccess' file...
* Creating /home/texas/public_html/.htaccess

Warning: scandir(/home/texas/public_html/themes/earthling3.tar) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: Not a directory in /home/texas/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 295

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 20): Not a directory in /home/texas/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 295

Warning: scandir(/home/texas/public_html/themes/goldshire3.tar.gz) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: Not a directory in /home/texas/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 295

Warning: scandir() [function.scandir]: (errno 20): Not a directory in /home/texas/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 295

Warning: scandir(/home/texas/public_html/themes/plain2.tar.gz) [function.scandir]: failed to open dir: Not a directory in /home/texas/public_html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 295

* Building database schema...
* Checking that friendly URLs work...
* Friendly URLs are not working. This is most likely because mod_rewrite isn't configuredcorrectly on your site. Please check the following things in your Apache configuration; you may need to get your web host or server administrator to do this for you:
o mod_rewrite is enabled
o AllowOverride All is set for your directory

It won't go beyond this page. Any suggestions?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

28 July 2009 at 9:28pm

Have you checked those 2 mod_rewrite settings on your host that the installer suggests?