Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Really Need Step by Step Guide to Installing On Hostgator

Go to End

3 Posts   2999 Views

joshea

Community Member, 1 Post

31 July 2009 at 11:28am

Hi,

I have browsed the forums and amazed as to the form of installation guide available. I tried to install on a linux host (hostgator) but nothing happened. For instance it says install on your public_html. Nothing is said about creating a database if needed etc

I am relatively new to this but have had some success with installing other CMS.

Please someone help with the steps I need to go through to get a successful install.

Feel free to assume that I am a dummy and make it as simple as possible.

Thanks a lot

ibldtraffic

Community Member, 1 Post

15 August 2009 at 4:06am

44 Views and no replies????

Is this what a nob like me wants to get into?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

16 August 2009 at 6:30pm

http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=installation-on-webserver has a basic overview of installing. It does not go into much detail.

For instance it says install on your public_html. Nothing is said about creating a database if needed etc

I believe if you use a MySQL user with CREATE priveledges then SilverStripe can handle creating the database.

If you have any issues then it may be listed in the common problems page in the installation page - http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=installation