Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Click 'Install SilverStripe', nothing happens

Go to End

6 Posts   2691 Views

Romeo

Community Member, 67 Posts

10 August 2009 at 10:36pm

I successfully installed Silverstripe on Apache under Ubuntu recently. I now want to install it with nginx as the web server and have followed the instructions given at http://doc.silverstripe.com/doku.php?id=installation-on-nginx. The install page doesn't indicate any showstopper problems (although there are the caveats about not being able to tell if mod_rewrite is installed, because it's not Apache) - all requirements seem to be met. But when I click the 'Install Silverstripe' button, nothing happens - I get a brief 'Installing Silverstripe' in the status bar but then the page remains unchanged, and Silverstripe is not installed (at least, not as far as I can tell - no database is created, for example). No errors show up, and no problems are revealed in the nginx logs. Any idea what might be going on here, and how to proceed? Given that it may be related to the mod_rewrite issue, how can I convince Silverstripe that reqrite functionality is indeed present?

stooni

Community Member, 89 Posts

16 August 2009 at 5:24am

Hello ,

a question, you have become after installation the blackcandy site with the Link to admin page?

an the link to delete all install files? when you show these then silverstripe work correctly!

----------- please check also these http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=server-requirements

---Stooni

Romeo

16 August 2009 at 9:03am

I'm sorry, I don't really understand what you mean. Could you please explain a little more? Thanks.

stooni

Community Member, 89 Posts

16 August 2009 at 11:33pm

when you install silverstripe, you become at the finish the Homepage from the silverstripe site with the link to admin page, you have see this? ---

----------Stooni

Romeo

19 August 2009 at 12:46am

I never managed to get as far as installing it. There is a button which says Install, which you click on when all basic installation conditions are met (i.e., no errors are flagged). When I click on that button, having apparently satisfied all the necessary conditions, it doesn't take me anywhere - as I said, I get a brief 'Installing Silverstripe' in the status bar but then nothing and I'm still at the page with the install button, with no errors flagged.

stx333

Community Member, 14 Posts

14 March 2010 at 7:16am

Are you not forgetting to input an admin password, or other details BELOW the database section?