Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

site content edit screen not showing

Go to End

4 Posts   4388 Views

dodden

Community Member, 3 Posts

22 August 2009 at 5:06am

I have been going through the configuration for SilverStripe on Ubuntu with PHP5 and made sure I have everything installed and configured how it says to do so read, compared my phpinfo to others I have seen on the interwebs and still seem to be having a bit of an issue.

As can be seen from the attached screenshots, I am missing the full area where the editing occurs. I have read the access and error logs and do not see any issues.

Might any one have any ideas?

bummzack

Community Member, 904 Posts

22 August 2009 at 5:59am

Hm strange. Did you check the Firebug console for JavaScript errors or the "Net" tab for missing (404) files?

dodden

22 August 2009 at 11:19am

I am going to try and re-install from a clean install of Ubuntu 9.04 Jaunty and see how it goes from there, it could have been a configuration issue somewhere is a bit whacky. Is possible as I had been working with Liferay before and that was not a simple piece of work at all -- Particularly with the templating and such.

Will report back if this clears up or what occurs

dodden

25 August 2009 at 3:51am

After re-installing the system, all is now working as it should have originally. I think in trying to originally get Liferay up and running once upon a time, I likely had made a change deeper in my system that shouldn't have been changed. All is hunky dorey now!