Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Install completely wiped out after changing theme

Go to End

2 Posts   1687 Views

Roobarb

Community Member, 17 Posts

24 August 2009 at 6:08am

Hi All,

Please help! I've sucessfully installed Silver Stripe and both sides have been working perfectly - the admin and the website.

So, I wanted to crack on with getting the design sorted out - so i went to the themes page - downloaded the theme dreamy (which is a good start for where i want the design to be).

I did EXACTLY as the theme page stated then updated the code line in _config.php to SSViewer::set_theme('dreamy'); - then did the ?flush=1.

Thats when it all when HORRIBLY wrong.

In Firefox the page goes to Page load error (see attached graphic for URL) and the URL changes to ...//install.php.

Sooooo - I thought ooo pooo - and changed the line in _config.php back to blackcandy - but that won't reload now either.

I've been working on the site all day today and no problems, and was just thinking how fantastic the system is - then this happens and I really am completely stuck!!!!!!

Why would it be asking for the install again when it was working perfectly before.

Can anyone help????

Attached Files
Roobarb

Community Member, 17 Posts

26 August 2009 at 5:47am

Just to wrap this up.

There was no solution I could find appart from to reinstall.

I've stuck with the Black Candy theme and intend to sumply use that as a starting point for my design.

Sorry I couldn't find a good solution to pass on to anyone.