Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Random Error on New SS sites

Go to End

2 Posts   2629 Views

Decisive Flow

Community Member, 73 Posts

22 September 2009 at 2:08pm

We just launched an e-commerce site (flagmakers.co.nz) which was working fine until we made the switch and then often has these massive, site breaking errors.

I just installed a new copy of SS for a new site and got the error as soon as I finished installation. I have tried ?flush, and a dev/build/?flush and none of them work.

the problem then rights itself as if by magic, and I've been working on the site just fine... But then it suddenly came back!

The error continues for ages (the dev site is dev.vitalfacevein.com) but I have included the first part of it here (It seems to just repeat)

Notice: Undefined variable: classes in /nfs/c02/h10/mnt/29059/domains/dev.vitalfacevein.com/html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 407

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c02/h10/mnt/29059/domains/dev.vitalfacevein.com/html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 407

Notice: Undefined variable: interfaces in /nfs/c02/h10/mnt/29059/domains/dev.vitalfacevein.com/html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 421

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c02/h10/mnt/29059/domains/dev.vitalfacevein.com/html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 421

Notice: Undefined variable: classes in /nfs/c02/h10/mnt/29059/domains/dev.vitalfacevein.com/html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 407

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c02/h10/mnt/29059/domains/dev.vitalfacevein.com/html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 407

Notice: Undefined variable: interfaces in /nfs/c02/h10/mnt/29059/domains/dev.vitalfacevein.com/html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 421

Warning: Invalid argument supplied for foreach() in /nfs/c02/h10/mnt/29059/domains/dev.vitalfacevein.com/html/sapphire/core/ManifestBuilder.php on line 421

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

22 September 2009 at 5:59pm

Hmm seems strange - best solution would be to go that line in that file and see why it is not being set and wrap isset()'s round the code which is throwing those.

The cheap solution is to disable notices - add this to your mysite/_config.php at the top.

error_reporting(E_ALL ^ E_NOTICE);