Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Installing SilverStripe /

Getting SilverStripe up and running on your computer and on your web server.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

I have built my site in WAMP on my pc. now want to put on my web server...

Go to End

10 Posts   8242 Views

zim

Community Member, 135 Posts

2 November 2009 at 6:38am

I have built my site in WAMP on my pc. now want to put on my web server.

I have a godaddy account and have just created a database in myphpadmin.

How do i create the sql from local. I think once i have this i can import it on the live database and will create my tables.

Then would I just upload my silverstripe project folder from 'WAMP/www/silverstripeproject'

and browse to it on 'http://www.mysite.com/silvertrpeproject/'

??

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

2 November 2009 at 9:55am

zim - have a read of http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=publishing-to-web-server. I see the screenshots are missing (woops). I'll try and add those soonish to make it a bit easier.

zim

3 November 2009 at 1:36am

Hi Will,

Thanks for info. Can i just ask

it says install with black candy when i used tutorial them. does this matter?

I have installed swfupload, fileDataobjectmanager and youtube-gallery-module on my site. Should i hjust copy these up to root of project after and dev/build database again?

Also if I dont want this site to be the main site, it is a client site I want to show them it working, and want to link off to it. Can I do this by putting it in subfolder on my site. Or does it have to be main site.

hope this makes sense. Thanks for help

zim

3 November 2009 at 2:04am

I called my host godaddy and they told me i can set up sub domains. and install there.

in the doc you link to it mentions godaddy installer... has anyone got anyexperience with this?

zim

3 November 2009 at 4:34am

will,

i followed instructions and now have silverstripe installation up and running on godaddy in a subdomain.

Thanks for link!

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

3 November 2009 at 10:20am

zim, sweet! Glad you got it sorted. If that page is missing any information or confusing in any way feel free to update it.

zim

4 November 2009 at 3:09am

Will,

it seems pretty fine to me. I had my database set up in godaddy and once I had made my subdomain. I just uploaded the contents of new silverstripe project and browsed to it. Hey Presto i had the normal silverstripe install screen and just followed the instructions as normal. inputing DB information from godaddy myphpadmin section.

I had heard that godaddy was a bit funny and that I might have to use their installer but this was not the case. It worked fine.

I presume that now if I want to add the modules I have in my project like swfupload and dataobject_manager i just upload them to root of project and dev/build my database.

Thanks for advice

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

11 November 2009 at 10:23pm

What I do is export the database I want to transfer, either using Mysql Admin, PHPMyAdmin or MysqlDump from the command line as a .sql file.

I then use phpmyadmin on the server to import that sql file into the new database for the site.

Usually works pretty flawlessly.

Do you have access to phpmyadmin for your WAMp server?

Mo

Go to Top