Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Migrating a Site to Silverstripe /

What you need to know when migrating your existing site to SilverStripe.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

FTP'd Images

Go to End

3 Posts   2642 Views

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

13 July 2011 at 7:11pm

Hi,

On my old site, I had a few hundred user uploaded images. I've FTP's these to the new silerstripe site, and manually added the links in to the 'Files' table in the database, and another dataobject table which links the photos to a gallery

This works fine if the image is in the main /assets/Uploads/ folder, but the problem is all my old galleries were in individual folders,
/assets/Uploads/OldImages/gallery/284

basically it seems silverstripe just isn't creating the resampled images that are in the folders?

http://munromap.co.uk/munros/gallery/

How would I set it up so silverstripe knows to look through teh sub folders to find the images?

zenmonkey

Community Member, 545 Posts

19 July 2011 at 6:43am

I've had some issues when uploading files through the FTP as well. If the dataobjects are currently referencing the correct files check the permissions on the directories. My FTP user account uploads files with 000 permission. I've gone so far as to manually create the _resampled folder in my subfolders and ensure permission is 766 or 777 on both the resampled and its parent folder.

On a linux system it comes down to the permission groups your FTP user and Silverstripe are running in.

But like I said first ensure your DataObjects are referencing the correct files

JonShutt

Community Member, 244 Posts

26 July 2011 at 10:09am

Hi,

Sorted!

What I'd done is FTP's the images (in folders) into the Assets folder, and added the image links to the files database

however, I didn't realize that I had to also add database entries for each directory I'd uploaded, and define each directories parent directory too. once I did this, all my images were found...