Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, assertchris, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, Graves

a new module to add RSS feeds to SilverStripe websites

Go to End

5 Posts   3955 Views

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

22 February 2011 at 10:05pm

Hi,

I have been wasting a lot of time coding RSS feeds every time I do a site, since I came up with this module.
The module enables you to add RSS feeds to your website, and it adds them to every page of the site.

the code is here, https://github.com/fonsekaean/SilverStripe_RSS_Feed_Manager

welcome to use it.

cheers

Nivanka

Mackodlak

Community Member, 95 Posts

5 May 2011 at 7:50pm

Hello, this looks nice, and I'm sure it is nice, I would just like to be able to figure out how to use this?
I figured I should make a template, but I would appreciate the help since I'm kinda new to this, and I got an assignment to get rss feed from 10 sources on one page and then place (random) 3 of them on home page. Could you mby help me with that?

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

5 May 2011 at 8:55pm

hi,

you dont have to do any templates for this, just extract the folder to your SilverStripe root and run a dev build.

then to configure that you will have to go to the site tree, select the root node or the site config. then add RSS feeds.

After doing all this you will see the RSS icon in the browser's address bar, in chrome top right corner.

if you still have questions welcome!

Mackodlak

Community Member, 95 Posts

5 May 2011 at 9:17pm

Hi.

OK, I have extracted it in my ss folder some time ago, have run /example.com/dev/build?flush=1 and it worked, just didn't know what it did before. I now have a tab called RSS Feeds between Security and Help tabs in silverstripe.

Not sure about that thing you said I would have to configure (adding the RSS feeds in my site tree root node) so if you could further explain that part, and how to use RSS Feeds tab in SS? All I can see it does is that it adds some title and description of sth somewhere, but I can't seem to find a way to display it on my page.

I know this is a neusance, but it would rly help me a lot if I could figure this out.

Ty in advance!

BuddhaSource

Community Member, 57 Posts

17 October 2011 at 4:24pm

Thanks Nivanka,

Just in time, something I really needed :)
Will give it a try.