Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, assertchris, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, Graves

Suspended forum accounts (with suspicious/spammy activity)

Go to End

109 Posts   31766 Views

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

18 June 2012 at 4:47am

I'll try and look into it tomorrow. Never used/installed the forum module myself, but unless someone who's more familiar with it wants to take this... :)

Isaac Salt

Community Member, 3 Posts

18 June 2012 at 8:53am

Hi martimiz,

I was looking for the reply this morning and found the post was deleted!
I've just emailed you so it'd be great to get your reply, I could re-post the question and solution.

I'm a bit of newbie here so I'm not sure about getting a post "un-deleted".

Cheers.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

20 June 2012 at 3:16pm

Once a post is deleted it's gone burger. Like Ingo said, should have a confirmation screen. Patches welcome!

swaiba

Forum Moderator, 1899 Posts

16 October 2012 at 5:23pm

Hi guys,

came across a bunch of spam (through someone spamming this thread of all things!) - not a moderator of payment gateways so couldn't blast this post...

http://www.silverstripe.org/payments-and-payment-gateway-apis/show/21086#post317260

anyone want to remove it?

swaiba

22 January 2013 at 5:51am

Spam has been on the rise these last months - any chance of adding email verification to new members?

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

22 January 2013 at 6:29am

Edited: 22/01/2013 6:30am

That's unlikely to happen in the foreseeable future, at least as far as the core team resourcing is concerned - we're already scrambling to find time for pull requests and 3.1. But the forum module is open source, and there's already email-related modules out there - so you can help by either implementing the feature, or stitching the relevant bits together, and it will get us a lot closer to that goal.
I'd like to take to occasion and say a big THANK YOU to all of our forum moderators though.

martimiz

Forum Moderator, 1391 Posts

31 January 2013 at 4:56am

Sometimes I think there are poor souls all over the world painstakingly entering these spams for a couple of cts, since it is always just a few at the time... In that case emailverification wouldn't be of much help :(

Just removed another 20 or so from different 'users' scattered all over the forums, posted a couple of hours ago (sigh). Couldn't we do something against posts that have, say, more then 4 consequent links? Grrrr

Martine

swaiba

31 January 2013 at 5:15am

I know!

I'm tempted to write an improvement to the forum so that one click will nuke the entire posting history - might need a double confirm for that - but it would speed up the process as it is rare that there is only one spam message per user.