Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, assertchris, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, Graves

Vote SilverStripe Best CMS!

Go to End

3 Posts   2513 Views

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

23 September 2009 at 9:30am

I see that SilverStripe has been nominated for Best Overall Open Source CMS in this years PacktPub awards.

If you think SilverStripe is #1, vote for it here:

http://www.packtpub.com/overall-open-source-cms-award-finalists

You might recall that SilverStripe was last years #1 most promising cms - well let's help see that promise fulfilled :D

It's interesting to see MODx and XOOPs up there - I've heard a lot of talk about these having a similar sort of developer experience, so it's great to see them on the list. As for Wordpress, well, it's a mess, but it's a friendly mess with a lot of followers and DotNetNuke is really all the ASP.NET guys have got :P

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

13 November 2009 at 11:57pm

Silverstripe along with Modx came joint runner up in the "overall best open source CMS award" finishing behind Wordpress.

http://www.packtpub.com/overall-open-source-cms-award-finalists

Great effort guys!!!! It was always going to be tough competing with a system like Wordpress with its more mature community.

Mo

Community Member, 541 Posts

18 December 2009 at 11:27am

Having developed for wordpress quite a bit, I have to question its status as "best" open source CMS. Its pretty easy to use, and has loads of plugins, but it's not particularly intuitive if you have a site with over 10 or so pages.

Silverstripe is way more user friendly!