Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Releases and Announcements /

Latest news about the SilverStripe software.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, assertchris, Willr, Ingo, swaiba, Graves

2.3.4?

Go to End

49 Posts   9345 Views

Yakiv

Community Member, 59 Posts

13 November 2009 at 10:55am

My compliments! The very first thing that I notice, after logging into the Admin is the ability to change the site name and the tag line! Cool! Very cool! This was not available previously!

Double-A-Ron

Community Member, 607 Posts

13 November 2009 at 10:18pm

Edited: 13/11/2009 11:54pm

Yakiv,
"No, my friend. It's a case of the squeaky wheel gets the grease!"

You don't honestly believe that moaning about the release dates of free software and snubbing long serving community members who "try" to help, makes open source developers work harder just for you? Do you? How about picking yourself up a nice big batch of courtesy next time you're at the shops? I was a little excited seeing the topic of this thread and that it had 5 pages of posts. Oh my disappointment to find that 3 of those pages were largely dedicated to your rather selfish grasp of what this open source thing is all about.

Anyhoo,

I've just upgraded my Sandbox to 2.4 alpha. Will and co - very, very well done. Gotta give credit to Andrew Short for Nested URLs. This is one of the biggest things I've been looking forward to in a core release. Although I haven't yet worked out how it handles clashes with actions on the same controllers. Nothing a little testing won't fix.

I'd really love to see Uncle Cheese's DataObjectManager enter the core for managing relationship data. DOM is basically part of our standard installation now. But that's just us.

Just wrapping up my latest project on 2.3.3, then I hope to spend a bit of time poking around with 2.4 and help with the bug hunt. The timing couldn't have been much better.

Thanks a ton you fullas.

Aaron

Taffy

Community Member, 119 Posts

13 November 2009 at 10:34pm

"Will and co - very, very well done. Gotta give credit to Andrew Short for Nested URLs"

+1

Yakiv

13 November 2009 at 11:59pm

Edited: 13/11/2009 11:59pm

@Double-A-Ron - If you use your elementary education and go back and read what I wrote, you will see that I carefully responded to people that were giving not-so-helpful responses. The only one that gave me helpful responses was Willer.

The other thing you should note, with your 5th grade education is that I was using humor with Taffy. Anyone with an education beyond 5th grade would recognize that.

I am sorry that this thread disappointed you. You were hoping for version 2.3.4. So, was I and that's why I started the thread.

You, on the other hand have made a direct attack on me. You are not to be attacking members on this site. Go back to 6th grade and see if you can pass it this time. Have a nice day.

Taffy

14 November 2009 at 12:07am

Come on Yakiv, people were being helpful by pointing you to the development roadmap. Remember this is an OPEN SOURCE community so don't bite the hand that feeds you by being rude.

Yakiv

14 November 2009 at 12:11am

Taffy, I did appreciate you pointing me to the roadmap. I didn't criticize you for that. All I wanted was more information when the actual 2.4 alpha 1 package would be ready to download.

I do not think Double-A-Ron's interjection here was appropriate or polite. I have not been rude with anyone; I have been factual. I guess people get offended by the facts very often.

Taffy

14 November 2009 at 12:18am

I don't think childish references to the education of someone you don't even know can be classified as factual.

I don't even know why I'm rising to this rancid bait. Off to do some work.

Yakiv

14 November 2009 at 12:28am

@Taffy - "I have not been rude with anyone; I have been factual." - refers to prior comments on the forum that I made, before dealing with the rude comment from Double-A-Ron.

Yes, off to work. This is tiring.