Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

Showcase Questions /

Feedback and questions about sites in the Community Showcase.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Contact Form Module

Go to End

3 Posts   1446 Views

cdwilliams

Community Member, 8 Posts

21 July 2015 at 12:40pm

Hello,

i am attempting to have the contact form module dynamically use the submitter's e-mail address in the "From" field when the e-mail is sent from the website. The code block i am including below mentions to define MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS in the mysite/_config.php file, but i am unsure how to do this. Any ideas? Thank you.

//You can define MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS in mysite/_config.php
$sender = null;
if(defined('MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS')) $sender = MAIL_FROM_ADDRESS;
$email = Email::create($sender, $emailTo, $emailSubject, $html);
if($replyTo) {
$email->replyTo($replyTo);
}

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

21 July 2015 at 10:24pm

Contact form module?
Could you post a link? It's not an 'official' one, and many developers approach these simple tasks in various ways.

It sounds like it's far more complex than it needs to be. Often for a simple contact form a good solution is simply UserForms module.
In any case, using a defined static constant is not what you want to be doing if you're trying to send from the submitter's supplied address.
It's simply a case of setting the from parameter in the email to the submitted form field value.

Beyond that it's eceedingly simple to create a small form to use without needing a whole module. I would suggest perhaps looking at the tutorials (docs.silverstripe.org) to learn more.

cdwilliams

Community Member, 8 Posts

22 July 2015 at 6:08am

Pyro,

Thank you. That helped me solve the issue. I did exactly as you said and the form is working fine now ("setting the from parameter in the email to the submitted form field value"). I appreciate the help. Next time, I'll consider using the UserForms Module.

Just so you know, i was using "Silverstripe Contact Form Module", as maintained by Uncle Cheese...http://addons.silverstripe.org/add-ons/silverstripe/contact-form.

Charles