Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Creating a page with different pre-defined elements

Go to End

bartvanirsel

Community Member, 96 Posts

28 March 2010 at 3:59am

Edited: 28/03/2010 3:59am

Hi,

I have a question which can be more seen as a system design question for Silerstripe.

Situation:
All the pages in my site contain predefined items. With items i mean content with certain css values or flash in them
which can not be easiliy administered using tinymce. An item for example can be a full width image with Sifr text on top,
a flash movie in a flash movie player, 5 images next to each other, one image with text next to it which is Sifred etc.

All the elements are predefined and i need to be able to order them and administer them when i select the page in Silverstripe.
The thing is, this also has to support multilanguage option in silversripe.

Posible solution?
Should i use Widgets for this? As they are orderable and could contain all the predefined items?
Is it better to let a page contain sub items which are visible in the site tree? (could be re-ordered there)
Or is the best solution to extend Page and add some kind of options for administiring and reordering the predefined items in there?

Hope you understand the question; if not let me know!

Best regards,

Bart