Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Escaping values in a JavaScript string

Go to End

5 Posts   3599 Views

mattupstate

Community Member, 12 Posts

7 June 2011 at 7:50am

Edited: 07/06/2011 7:52am

So I've been using the HTML5 boilerplate project as a foundation for my page templates. At the bottom of the main page template I have the following markup:

<script src="//ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/1.5.1/jquery.js"></script> 
<script>window.jQuery || document.write('<script src="$ThemeDir/js/libs/jquery-1.5.1.min.js">\x3C/script>')</script>

The problem I'm experiencing is the value \x3C/script> in the 2nd line is being converted to </script>. I believe this is being done by the SilverStripe template engine.

Is there a way to prevent this conversion from happening so that it remains as \x3C/script>?

Terry Apodaca

Community Member, 112 Posts

7 June 2011 at 8:45am

I hit the very same problem today...have been chasing down a fix. Once I find one I will pass it along...and I'll keep an eye on this thread in case you find one before me.

Terry Apodaca

7 June 2011 at 9:22am

I went back to using the original unescaped version: "%3E%3C/script%3E" instead of "\x3C/script>"

I believe the new way H5BP is being converted to a normal PHP string...so try the old way like I did or try to find a different escaping method.

mattupstate

Community Member, 12 Posts

7 June 2011 at 9:24am

Just discovered putting an additional slash in did the trick as well

\\x3C/script>

Terry Apodaca

7 June 2011 at 9:44am

yep....