Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Dynamic content grid possible?

Go to End

14 Posts   7361 Views

rahi

Community Member, 1 Post

31 March 2009 at 1:15am

Hi

I was wondering how i can make dynamic page so that content aligns automatically.

Basically so that you have grid type content place holder and you could publish content in different sizes to it. If grid is 3x2 (3 vert. 2 horiz.). You could make 1x2 or 2x2 sized content and publish it automatically to grid where it fits best and maybe change order of the boxes.

So how i could achieve this? Thanks for tips!

Hamish

Community Member, 712 Posts

7 April 2009 at 9:22pm

sounds a lot like a table...

...but I get what you mean. Your question is very general. You could generate objects from 2-dimensioned arrays with ArrayData, and create a couple of size methods to return the length of each dimension.

kcd

Community Member, 54 Posts

1 December 2010 at 8:04pm

Yes http://www.page-elements.com

I'm curious to know how other silverstripe developers have implemented complex grid layouts without page elements...

cycle

Community Member, 5 Posts

10 December 2010 at 3:35am

Wow! Thanks for posting that nice piece of software right there. I am currently reconsidering my CMS choice for the future. Built-in SilverStripe features are rocksolid, I can tell already after some research. This addition adds one BIG pro to my list though.

kcd

10 December 2010 at 10:26am

Yeah I'd love to see more of this from Silverstripe and 960.gs out of the box

It wouldn't take much to strip down Blackcandy and make it 960.gs for much better quality websites, regardless of if people use page-elements... perhaps I should start another forum topic

moloko_man

Community Member, 72 Posts

7 January 2011 at 7:06pm

I agree with you kcd, it would be really cool to see some 960 grid options out of the box, but the 960 grid system is not a one-size-fits-all solution, even though it probably should be. That being said, I love using the 960 grid system, and its really easy to implement into Silverstripe.

The page-elements looks very interesting.

pivey

Community Member, 11 Posts

13 April 2011 at 8:00am

Hi,

i was installing Page Elements module in SS 2.4 and seems to work fine, except some small issues with IE8.
Does somebody know where this module is supported?
http://server.kelpdesign.com/projects/page-elements/wiki is a real mess to find your way to support.
Did not find a dedicated forum to Page Elements module here either.

kcd

14 April 2011 at 11:22am

Hi Rahi

That is pretty much it because Page Elements is a one man project. Fortunately Tim is pretty good from what I've seen.

The HTML/CSS in Page Elements isn't anything new so you should be able to tackle your IE8 problem in normal forums. Of course I'm not sure what your problem is.

Go to Top