Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Template Questions /

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Demo "See Theme in Action" not working...

Go to End

Happysadhu

Community Member, 33 Posts

31 July 2009 at 1:18pm

Edited: 31/07/2009 1:21pm

Hi,
Since my ticket submissions seem to get no reply, I'm posting this in the Forum.

Many of the demo themes link to the same theme, which is not the intended theme (The Balance theme at http://www.silverstripe.org/themes?start=0).

For example, select "See Theme in Action" link for the theme Global at
http://www.silverstripe.org/themes?start=9 and you will shown Balance instead.
This happens for many of demo themes.

If we hope to make SilverStripe a more popular CMS, we need to attended to the sadly neglected themes section:
1) Make the live demos work
2) Add more themes with greater functionality (e.g., editable one, two and three-column layout options, dynamic sidebar/footer content, etc.).

For all of 2009, there appears to be have been only seven new themes added. Many people,
when selection a CMS, will look at the demo theme section to see how and what the CMS can do. For example, when I discussed the advantages of SilverStripe over Wordpress with my friend, he said "Ya, but does have any good themes to work from". Don't get me wrong, I am appreciated of the themes already submitted to SilverStripe. I just think the selection could be greatly expanded upon.

Once I have gotten a good handle on SilverStripe, I plan to submit a theme. I would encourage anyone else to do the same.

My two cents,
Sam Mller