Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Complete newbie can't find the "Site Configuration panel"

Go to End

4 Posts   2720 Views

designwallah

Community Member, 1 Post

1 February 2011 at 2:48pm

According to the help document for Themes (http://doc.silverstripe.org/sapphire/en/topics/themes), you can change themes by modifying code or "changing the theme in the Site Configuration panel in the CMS". I cannot find the Site Configuration panel - where is it?

Thanks,

Francis.

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 February 2011 at 4:48pm

Hi and welcome Francis,

The site configuration panel is the first screen you get when you load the CMS. It is also known as the 'SiteConfig' panel. You can also get into the panel by clicking the root item (in bold) of your SiteTree on the left.

Screenshot - https://skitch.com/willrossi/rcea2/silverstripe-cms-pages.

Good luck!

Cynthia

Community Member, 1 Post

22 April 2011 at 9:01am

Edited: 22/04/2011 9:06am

Thanks, willr, but that's not what I see. The screen is blank. I'm new as well. I've inherited a site that was created several years ago by someone who is not with the company any longer and I'm at a loss trying to figure out how this was set up. I can't find the code or the theme or anything that will let me make changes to the header or footer. I'm stumped. I hesitate to ask because there has to be something really obvious I'm missing. I don't know what I don't know, I suppose.

...also, I'm using 2.3.2 so maybe that's my problem?

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

23 April 2011 at 2:30am

Hi Cynthia!
Earlier versions of SS didn’t have an option to change the theme in the cms, so if you are not seeing the same theme dropdown box that appears in Will’s screenshot you will have to change it manually in the config file.

As for where the code is hidden, it depends. The php is in mysite/code, and the includes, css and html files are found under themes/mytheme/… It’s worth noting that in SilverStripe the html is saved as an “ss” file.

Your best bet is to do a quick run through the tutorials. They are fairly straightforward and should answer most of the questions that pop up as you try to update the site. If you come across something that doesn’t make sense just post a question in the forum. There may be some lag time because of time differences, but someone will eventually answer.

Good Luck!

HB