Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Dark CMS?

Go to End

3 Posts   1914 Views

Routh

Community Member, 11 Posts

10 March 2011 at 3:21pm

Hi everyone,

First off; new to the community. Loving Silverstripe, so far it's been very easy to start learning. Almost no learning curve really.

Now, I'm just about done my first theme, however I run dark themes on my website. As suggested in the Silverstripe book I have begun to establish an override css for the CMS in /mysite/css - however picking apart the backend interface is time consuming considering I basically have to flip every color in the scheme. I was was therefore wondering if anyone has had to create an override css file for this same purpose before that I might get a copy of for a starting point. That way I can save a lot of time by just fine tuning a few colors.

Do any of the themes in the download area have a css file like that included?

honeybunny

Community Member, 79 Posts

11 March 2011 at 1:21am

Edited: 11/03/2011 1:22am

Hi Routh!
I usually just add a light colored background to editor.css if I am using a dark background and can't see the content in the cms.

body.mceContentBody {
background:#FFFFFF;
}

And you're absolutely right about SS. The learning curve is way lower than any other cms I tried.

HB

Routh

Community Member, 11 Posts

11 March 2011 at 2:00am

Perfect! I hadn't found that class in any documentation yet. It's really all I need, this way I can leave the CMS coloring alone.