Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Footer will not update, Strange!

Go to End

6 Posts   4425 Views

jmdweb

Community Member, 14 Posts

14 January 2009 at 12:37am

Hey,

I've edited my template Footer.ss
I get no update of the footer, still the same old footer, so I removed it totally, ran the flush, then CTRL + F5 number of times, Wiped my history, cache, rebooted both computer and router

Still I see the old footer, I use plenty of new page classes but that shouldn't matter should it? as the main page.ss is including the Footer.ss. The template Im using is blackcandy.

Can anyone help?

jmdweb

14 January 2009 at 4:34am

It was not a SS problem,
it was my stupid server TMP folder and cache, got on to the server company and they sorted the issue.

Nivanka

Community Member, 400 Posts

14 January 2009 at 6:53am

Sometimes SilverStripe wont update the new changes you do to the Includes unless you flush the site.

jmdweb

14 January 2009 at 7:39am

If you read the post properly you would see that I did that on a numerous occasions :)

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

14 January 2009 at 10:10am

Yea includes are cached quite harshly. For one of the sites I worked on (http://www.metroseeq.com/) all the google map overlays are nested includes inside nested includes and we had to run rm -rf /tmp/silverstripe-cache.* every time we made a change as even flushing couldn't solve the issues. I think this should be fixed now with 2.3

Nachos

Community Member, 22 Posts

27 April 2013 at 11:17pm

Edited: 29/04/2013 5:05pm

Sorry to rescue this old thread but I'm having exactly the same problem. I succesfully changed the footer text from the template a couple of day ago but now it won't update any changes I make. I'm having the problem with webmatrix working locally, too (windows 7). Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Edit: Sorted it out by creating a new silverstripe site with matrix, importing one by one the elements of the theme (.ss and .css), and then putting it back to the site with a new name.