Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

to laktek's paddy green theme

Go to End

2 Posts   2433 Views

qlex

Community Member, 68 Posts

24 February 2009 at 3:37am

Hi,
i found paddy green theme work the best for my in my project.
the only thing that i have problems with is changing the way the submenu appears.
currently, when an item in main menu has subitems, the submenu appears on the right side, in that main content section.

I would prefer to display the submenu immediately below the main menu, in the horizontal form.

Would this be possible through .css and .ss changes or it requires more work ?

Much thanks for any suggestions from all.

Qlex

scaphis

Community Member, 8 Posts

5 March 2009 at 4:08am

If you are talking about a drop down menu, I am sure it is possible but requires more work for browser compatibility.

I am sure you can get the regular submenu to be below the main menu, by adjusting the float properties on the main content and the submenu. - You will also need to change the order in which they are displayed in the page.ss file.

Download firebug if you haven't already. It works for firefox browser, and it lets you fiddle with the css and experiment without making any real changes. I use it all the time to highlight an element and see what css it is using (it tells you what line in what css file to change).

I am also using the paddy green theme in my recent project.