Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

"balance" theme not working

Go to End

12 Posts   5495 Views

affilimate

Community Member, 9 Posts

5 October 2009 at 7:59pm

Hi,

I tried to install the "balance" theme, but the website totally disappears and all I see is white - I have tried other themes and they worked but balance seems weird anyway when I look in the folders - there are several files that start wit ._ and the theme folder is deep in the folder tree - can anyone advice?

mandrew

Community Member, 37 Posts

7 October 2009 at 9:51am

Hi Ron,

Just had a look at the balance theme and its file structure is a bit different to the other themes.

Make sure you add the folder balance into the themes folder on your website.

If you have added the Users folder then it could get confused and bring up a white screen.

Mike.

affilimate

7 October 2009 at 5:50pm

Hi Mike,

yes I was able to get that far but I what I was saying is that the theme wasn't working. I've added the balance folder and all I can see is a white screen. - Please try it and see.

Regards,
Ron

mandrew

7 October 2009 at 5:59pm

Hi Ron,

Gave it a go and the theme seems to work ok?

All I did was:
- drop the folder 'balance' into the themes directory
- change this line "SSViewer::set_theme('blackcandy');" in mysite/_config.php file to "SSViewer::set_theme('balance');"
- add ?flush=1 to the url i.e. http://www.mysite.com/?flush=1

Is this the steps you followed?

Mike.

affilimate

7 October 2009 at 6:38pm

yes, that's exactly what I did. I was surprised that it worked for you so I looked again to see if I can find another cause and I did find something strange. In the file /public_html/themes/balance/templates/Includes there is a weird file that does not belong there called

.pureftpd-upload.4ac97b3f.15.3759.7900bc4c

I googled it and found out that this is some error that occurred when uploading it (damn you filezilla!)

I tried to delete it but it won't let me and I don't seem to find any useful info out there in Googleland. Everyone is talking about some advanced database commands and permissions but that's way beyond my knowledge

Could that weird file be the cause?

affilimate

7 October 2009 at 6:42pm

Awsome! it worked all of a sudden! I just tried again (without flush) and it worked!

Sweet! :) However, if you can just tell me how to get rid of that weird file above then that would be great!

mandrew

7 October 2009 at 6:46pm

Hi,

If some error occurred when uploading the file and created this weird file, chances are that you don't have all the files, which would explain why you are getting an error.

Try downloading the template again and see if you get this file again (or any other errors?) , delete the existing theme and add the new one.

This should hopefully solve your issue.

Mike.

affilimate

7 October 2009 at 7:02pm

Hi Mike,

tried all that - replaced all files but I couldn't delete that folder that the file was in and obviously neither the foders above (all the way to "balance" and that's why I was asking for help to delete that file.

Ron

Go to Top