Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Themes /

Discuss SilverStripe Themes.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

"balance" theme not working

Go to End

12 Posts   5495 Views

mandrew

Community Member, 37 Posts

7 October 2009 at 11:28pm

Could be a permissions problem on the file but not sure... might be a question to ask your hosting company to see if they can get rid of the file as I'm sure the file isn't part of the theme.

Good to hear the theme is working now which is the main thing :-)

affilimate

Community Member, 9 Posts

7 October 2009 at 11:46pm

sure is working now! Thanks for the great support! I also just managed to install userforms after 3 hours of struggling but I'm getting there :) -Now I'm trying to get recaptcha to work with userforms - but let me try and figure it out...

One thing you could help me with is to understand how I can get my homepage to have 3 content boxes that have individual html editors in the admin - just like the official demo site has on the balance theme. Is that some extra module or is there a setting in the admin to do that? That was the whole reason I fell in love in this theme.

affilimate

Community Member, 9 Posts

11 October 2009 at 1:55am

Can anyone please assist with my question above:
how I can get my homepage to have 3 content boxes that have individual html editors in the admin - just like the official demo site has on the balance theme. Is that some extra module or is there a setting in the admin to do that? That was the whole reason I fell in love in this theme.

mandrew

Community Member, 37 Posts

20 November 2009 at 10:48am

You need to go into the code of the home page (HomePage.php), create it if it doesn't exist in mysite/code and then add three more database fields like so:

static $db = array(
   'Content1' => 'HTMLText',
   'Content2' => 'HTMLText',
   'Content3' => 'HTMLText'
);

Then add the code for the fields into the CMS below (in the same file):
function getCMSFields() {
   $fields = parent::getCMSFields();

$fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new HtmlEditorField("Content1", "Content1 Title"));
   $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new HtmlEditorField("Content2", "Content2 Title"));
   $fields->addFieldToTab("Root.Content.Main", new HtmlEditorField("Content3", "Content3 Title"));

return $fields;
}

Then finally add the values in the template HomePage.ss (create the page is it doesn't exist... make a copy of Page.ss in themes/(theme)/templates/Layout, rename to HomePage.ss and then add the fields you created ($Content1 $Content2 $Content3).

See http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=tutorial:2-extending-a-basic-site for more info about creating new page templates.

Go to Top