Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Release 2.3.4: Changeset 88281 not included?

Go to End

3 Posts   1675 Views

spassiger

Community Member, 2 Posts

1 December 2009 at 11:15am

Good evening everybody,

I've just downloaded the newest version (2.3.4) of SilverStripe and extracted the files. I read the changelog, too and was happy to see that a bug that caused problems with symbolic links should have been fixed in this version ([88281] BUGFIX: Ensure ASSETS_PATH is respected). This bug occured when SilverStripe was extracted into a separate directory and symbolic links to cms, jsparty and sapphire were created in the folder of the web project(s) to allow using a simple installation of SilverStripe in multiple projects. (For more information see Multiple site support? and multisites possible?)

But after upgrading and testing my project, I encountered the same problem again. I looked into the source code of core/model/Image.php and filesystem/File.php and recognized that the changes submitted in 88281 are not included in the current stable release 2.3.4. I am a little bit confused now and it would be nice if somebody could help me - is there a mistake in the 2.3.4 ChangeLog?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

1 December 2009 at 7:36pm

Edited: 01/12/2009 7:38pm

It appears it was commited for 2.3.4 and then reverted in a later change - http://open.silverstripe.org/changeset/88282.

Our changelog generator doesn't handle reverted commits it seems.

spassiger

Community Member, 2 Posts

2 December 2009 at 8:15am

Ah, thanks for your answer. Next time I'll look into the revision log of the affected file. ;)

Nevertheless, can you make a prediction when this problem will be fixed? I had to correct /sapphire/core/model/Image.php (replace "../" with "Director::BaseFolder()") this time once again. But I'm not an expert with the SilverStripe source code (yet) and so I'm not sure whether this is the optimal way to do it.