Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Upgrade from 2.3.x to 2.4.0

Go to End

11 Posts   6627 Views

raamklaza

Community Member, 182 Posts

3 December 2009 at 9:23pm

How can i upgrade from 2.3.0 to 2.4.0?

What are the steps to follow?

Is it wise to do on a production website?

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

3 December 2009 at 9:40pm

Edited: 03/12/2009 9:42pm

2.4.0 is still in alpha, update your sites at your own risk. I would recommend updating your sites locally (not directly on production but on your server, testing for any kinks then updating the production site)

To update your 2.3 site you will just need to replace the sapphire/ cms/ and jsparty/ folders with the new ones from 2.4 alpha (or if you are using svn then remove jsparty althogether!).

Note your existing modules *could* break. Some major and minor API changes in 2.4 so you will need to check they do not break. We'll provide a full guide and changelog to upgrading when 2.4 is nearer stable release.

Fuzz10

Community Member, 791 Posts

4 December 2009 at 10:15am

One quick question regarding 2.4 , has TypeDropDown been deprecated ? Can't seem to find it anymore ....

Dave L

Community Member, 60 Posts

11 February 2010 at 12:16am

Upgrade notes regarding changes in classes, etc. are at http://doc.silverstripe.org/doku.php?id=upgrading:2.4.0

Will, it'd be nice if the upgrading file and the above page had more explicit instructions as you mention - i.e. copy/remove x folders. The upgrading file with the 2.4 download is out of date.

I received an error when upgrading... http://open.silverstripe.org/ticket/5059

Cheers

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

11 February 2010 at 8:56am

Will, it'd be nice if the upgrading file and the above page had more explicit instructions as you mention - i.e. copy/remove x folders. The upgrading file with the 2.4 download is out of date.

Can you make a ticket for updating the UPGRADING file on open.silverstripe.org and any issues you have with in. Will be a good reminder to update it (since its usually the last thing we do)

Dave L

Community Member, 60 Posts

11 February 2010 at 12:20pm

> (since its usually the last thing we do)

Not trying to be confrontational but would say it should be kept up-to-date, if not necessarily detailed and complete, to help downloaders of early releases like myself who end up posting to forums because the info's missing.

Re: my issue - I ended up deleting the cache folder and that resolved my issue and dev/build on 2.4 ran fine :) As to how people can locate their own cache folder I don't know.

Ingo

Forum Moderator, 801 Posts

15 February 2010 at 8:50am

I've updated the UPGRADING file, and commented on the stale manifest ticket :)

drobinson

Community Member, 2 Posts

17 February 2010 at 6:52pm

Are there instructions published yet about how to begin using the hierarchical URL/page structure after upgrading to 2.4? All I've seen is a quick mention of it being a mode to choose between flat URLs and hierarchical ones.

Go to Top