Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

Problems upgrading blog when upgrading SS from 2.4.2 to 3.1.13

Go to End

8 Posts   2777 Views

Fairfax71

Community Member, 20 Posts

29 May 2015 at 11:25pm

Hi all,

I am trying to update an old Silverstripe installation from version 2.4.2 to 3.1.13. For the most part it went OK and works, except the blog module.

I downloaded and included silverstripe-blog 1.0.0, lumberjack 1.1, and tagfield 1.0.0. The /dev/build seems to work OK, but when I try to access one of the blog entries, I get this error in the CMS backend:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BlogFilter::getLumberjackGridFieldConfig() in /Library/WebServer/Documents/beta-2015.baf-im-netz.de/silverstripe-blog-master/code/extensions/BlogFilter.php on line 83

I am running PHP 5.5.20 with MySQL 5.0.11 on Apache 2.4.10, all running on Mac OS X 10.10.3. Would appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers,

John

Pyromanik

Community Member, 419 Posts

30 May 2015 at 1:02am

I think you need to update blog also, 1.0 is old now I think.
Otherwise there are probably some other setup steps you need to follow in this newer version. My guess would be applying an extension to BlogFilter.

Fairfax71

Community Member, 20 Posts

30 May 2015 at 1:44am

Well, I tried re-installing everything via composer (instead of manually as before) and now it works. Go figure.

Cheers,

John

enayet

Community Member, 6 Posts

24 November 2015 at 7:02am

Hi,

I am also having this same error:

Fatal error: Call to undefined method BlogFilter::getLumberjackGridFieldConfig() in code/extensions/BlogFilter.php on line 83

Version 3.2.1

How to fix that. I am installing manually.

Thank you.

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

24 November 2015 at 8:48am

Hi Enayet,

If you are installing manually, you may have missed a requirement.
The Blog addon requires silverstripe/lumberjack and silverstripe/tagfield, you may need to add these and run"/dev/build?flush=1"

-helenclarko

enayet

24 November 2015 at 8:52am

Thank you helenclarko for your time and reply.

I didn't miss any required module.

However, lumberjack was broken...downloaded this one again and the issue was fixed.

Thank you very much for your help.

Regards,
- Enayet

Spambanjo

Community Member, 24 Posts

4 December 2015 at 2:35am

Edited: 04/12/2015 2:36am

The problem for me was caused by the fact that the Git page for Lumberjack defaults to version 1.0, so this is what I downloaded initially.

Selecting and downloading v1.1 of Lumberjack from Github solved the problem for me.

EDIT: For the record, mine was on a fresh install of Silverstripe 3.2, but the problem was identical.

enayet

6 December 2015 at 10:59pm

Thank you.