Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

2.3.3 -> 2.3.4 upgrade breaks site

Go to End

3 Posts   2201 Views

ThrashCardiom

Community Member, 23 Posts

14 December 2009 at 1:52pm

I upgraded one of my sites to 2.3.4 and it broke. I ended up with two home pages and several menu items missing. The extra homepage was the default SS homepage. Not liking a broken site, I blew away the database and restored it from my backup and blew away the files and restored those from backup. The end result even after numerous /dev/builds and / or ?flush=1 is a site with exactly the same problems:

1) two home pages - the SS default homepage gets re-created whenever it doesn't exist and a /dev/build is run
2) A number of pages which do exist do not appear in the menus. They exist in the backend and are set to display in the menu.

This isn't a cache problem as 5 different computers on 3 different internet connections all see the site the same way.

Any ideas?

_Vince

Community Member, 165 Posts

8 January 2010 at 8:29am

I've had something like that happen on an older version, if SS doesn't find a page called "home" it attempts to create one.

All you need to do, really, is to have a page where the URL is still set to "Home" (from the MetaData tag). The Navigation Label and Page Name fields, however, can be set to be anything you want.

ThrashCardiom

Community Member, 23 Posts

8 January 2010 at 8:33am

Thanks for that. It seems to have done the trick.