Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

upgrade from 3.1.15 to 3.2.0

Go to End

4 Posts   2388 Views

jameswilliam

Community Member, 5 Posts

30 October 2015 at 2:15am

When I upgrade from 3.1.15 to 3.2.0, I am not sure as to which old directories/files needs to be deleted before unzipping the new zip package.

If you could let me know as to which folders/files needs to be deleted before unzipping the 3.2.0 package over my existing installation of SilverStripe 3.1.15 would be great.

helenclarko

Community Member, 166 Posts

30 October 2015 at 8:25am

Hi JamesWilliam,

I posted the following to a similar question yesterday.

You were previously able to copy across the "CMS" and "Framework" folders, then /dev/build?flush.
That alone should do the trick, unless there are some major code changes.

However with 3.2, some changes were made which split off a few things.
Looks like "siteConfig" and "reports" will need to be copied across too.

Of course, keep an eye on your error logs and correct any errors that come up. You may fine permissions will need to be adjusted.

-helenclarko

acoggins

Community Member, 19 Posts

31 October 2015 at 8:31pm

Hi James,

Helen's procedure worked for me. One note though - I needed to delete the old folders completely to get it to work. At first I renamed then as "Framework-old" but that gave me errors. Just remove them and upload the new version.

Cheers,

Alan

jameswilliam

Community Member, 5 Posts

1 November 2015 at 12:48am

Hi,

Thank you for your reply.

@acoggins exactly what I meant. If I do not delete any folders and just unzip the new package it gives me the following error :

Fatal error: Uncaught exception 'Exception' with message 'There are two files containing the "ReportAdmin" class: "/{PATH}/{TO}/reports/code/ReportAdmin.php" and "/{PATH}/{TO}/cms/code/controllers/ReportAdmin.php"' in /{PATH}/{TO}/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php:569 Stack trace: #0 [internal function]: SS_ClassManifest->handleFile('ReportAdmin.php', '/{PATH}/{TO}/publ...', 3) #1 /{PATH}/{TO}/framework/filesystem/FileFinder.php(158): call_user_func(Array, 'ReportAdmin.php', '/{PATH}/{TO}/publ...', 3) #2 /{PATH}/{TO}/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php(338): SS_FileFinder->find('/{PATH}/{TO}/publ...') #3 /{PATH}/{TO}/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php(162): SS_ClassManifest->regenerate(true) #4 /{PATH}/{TO}/framework/core/Core.php(100): SS_ClassManifest->__construct('/{PATH}/{TO}/publ...', false, true) #5 /{PATH}/{TO}/framework/main.php(129): require_once('/{PATH}/{TO}/ in /{PATH}/{TO}/framework/core/manifest/ClassManifest.php on line 569

However, when I delete "CMS" and "Framework" folders and then unzip the new package it works. I just wanted to confirm is there any other directory/file which needs to be deleted. This should solve the issue.

Thank you once again.