Skip to main content

This site requires you to update your browser. Your browsing experience maybe affected by not having the most up to date version.

We've moved the forum!

Please use forum.silverstripe.org for any new questions (announcement).
The forum archive will stick around, but will be read only.

You can also use our Slack channel or StackOverflow to ask for help.
Check out our community overview for more options to contribute.

Upgrading SilverStripe /

Ask questions about upgrading SilverStripe to the latest version.

Moderators: martimiz, Sean, Ed, biapar, Willr, Ingo, swaiba

"Server Error" on unpublish and delete since upgrade to 2.3.5

Go to End

5 Posts   2868 Views

dbenton

Community Member, 23 Posts

13 February 2010 at 12:12pm

Hello,

I upgraded a site to 2.3.5 a little over a week ago, and since then I cannot delete or unpublish content. When I try, I get the ajax [...] for a few seconds followed by [ (!) Server Error ]. I have no idea how to debug this one. Any suggestions?

Thanks,
David

Willr

Forum Moderator, 5523 Posts

13 February 2010 at 12:56pm

Edited: 13/02/2010 12:57pm

if you have firebug installed (Firefox plugin) enable it then view the 'Console' tab and scroll down to the failed request. The response of that request should have the actual error message reported by SilverStripe (if you're not in devmode, enable it as well then try again). You could also look up the server logs - which should report the actual error as well.

dbenton

16 February 2010 at 8:02am

Thanks, Willr. I knew there had to be a good way to debug asynchronous requests...

The issue seems to have to do with the removal of the now deprecated HasManyFileManager. Just to document the issue in case someone else has it, I'll post what I learned below. I think the method in question was added as part of the HasManyFileManager documentation and I forgot to remove it when I upgraded and moved to DataObjectManager.

ERROR [User Error]: Uncaught Exception: Object->__call(): the method 'deleteattachedfiles' does not exist on 'Page'
IN POST /admin/EditForm
Line 576 in /path/to/sapphire/core/Object.php

Source
======
  567: 				case isset($config['function']) :
  568: 					return $config['function']($this, $arguments);
  569: 				
  570: 				default :
  571: 					throw new Exception (
  572: 						"Object->__call(): extra method $method is invalid on $this->class:" . var_export($config,
       true)
  573: 					);
  574: 			}
  575: 		} else {
* 576: 			throw new Exception("Object->__call(): the method '$method' does not exist on '$this->class'");
  577: 		}
  578: 	}
  579: 	
  580: 	//
       -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
  581: 	
  582: 	/**

<ul></ul>

dbenton

16 February 2010 at 8:15am

Indeed, removing

public function onBeforeDelete(){
	parent::onBeforeDelete();
	$this->deleteAttachedFiles();
}

from my Page class did the trick.

ulysses

Community Member, 57 Posts

21 October 2013 at 7:14pm

Edited: 21/10/2013 7:15pm

Keep getting "Server Error" while trying to delete an email address entry in Newsletter Mailing List. The record is not deleted.

Any idea why. Started all of a sudden. Running an old version 2.3.3